Shanghai Diaries_18/05/2019

Art and me? Well, sometimes, I happen to land up in such places because of N. So, this weekend we went to see the "All About Love Speaks Forever" exhibition by Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama. However, what excited me more, after reaching the venue, was the venue itself :)











I've searched for the Fosun Foundation (Shanghai) (http://www.fosunfoundation.com/en/) building on maps for a while but wasn't able to locate it. You can imagine my excitement when I realised that I was standing right in front of it. Is it lame to get excited about a building? LOL! I don't care.










Designed by Foster + Partners and Heatherwick Studio, it is a beautiful, sculptural building occupying a prime plot on the historic Bund in Shanghai. The detailing and execution is immaculate. Imagine feeling orgasmic about the staircase handrail ;) Funny thing though - the venue detail webpage only features Heatherwick; nothing about Foster.







#shanghai #newadventures #explorechina #nonperiodicoscillations #architecture #design #fosunfoundation #bund #bfc #art #yayoikusama #detailing #orgasm #handrail

Comments