Shanghai Diaries_15/05/2019

The walk down Changle Lu (previous post), where we saw those motorcycles with sidecars, led us to the lawns of the Garden Hotel which was the venue for Beernanza, an event dedicated to beer (duh!) and music.

We were blessed with a warm, sunny, late afternoon entry when the crowd was still thin. Some of our friends waited for almost two hours to get in!








Although everyone was guzzling down beer and gin+tonic, I had to be the #RealMan (someone had to do it, right?) and drink ginger beer - that heavenly, non alcoholic elixir for the chosen few. Believe me when I tell you, no one else would have had the courage to try it in Beernanza.







The time finally came when our friend, DJ Baksheesh started his set and he really got the crowd grooving. Dancing in front of a speaker is something that I did after more than fifteen years. Insane!

As with all evenings connected with Baksheesh, everyone ended up in Julu Lu. It was my first time there and I understand why they go there so often. More when I go there next time. Overall, an insanely enjoyable afternoon leading to the evening leading to the night.

I don't know if I have the energy to repeat this any time soon though.






#shanghai #newadventures #explorechina #nonperiodicoscillations #beernanza #changlelu #sidecar #beer #music #sunnyday #gingerbeer #elixir #djbaksheesh #speaker #insane #jululu

Comments