Appropriately Inappropriate

Assimilation of experiences through life is supposed to make us wiser, if not really smarter. In some way, it should teach us what is appropriate and what's not in a given circumstance or a set of conditions which life has brought to us. However, I've come to realise that this really isn't necessary.

On countless occasions I've witnessed people ignoring the everyday lessons of life and making mistakes repetitively or doing the same inappropriate act that they would have committed sometime in the past. Ironically, most of these people consider me inappropriate for pointing out that their actions, in the given or in a future circumstance might not be very nice.

I cannot say that I'm immune to such a (mis)deed. I do commit them. However I consider myself better off because I realise my folly and usually try not to repeat them. The difference between both cases would be the awareness and the causal phenomenon of learning, to be able to understand and modify actions/words whenever one is in the same situation. As much as I would like to believe in the goodness of mankind, I cannot but think at times that alot of people do this because they get kicks out of putting someone else in misery.

Comments