Labyrinths

Another one of days when the mind seems more numb than the usual. There seems to be a slight hesitation and a (yet) uncategorised mental hurdle that has come up. Whether it is a figment of my imagination or real, I don’t really know right now. What I do know is that there is a general, all round confusion about what direction I should be heading towards. Now, the issue itself is not very serious, at least not enough to warrant pressing the panic button. I suppose it stems more from an angle of re-familiarisation.

A rolling stone gathers no moss – but it definitely loses its amorphous shape and that seems more likely in this case. There are so many things that we want and we want and we want and it just doesn’t seem to stop – the want! As the age old adage of roti, kapda aur makaan has been replaced by Mrs. Dixit’s political slogans of bijli, sadak aur paani; it is human nature to never stop wanting. It’s like a shopping list which keeps getting longer by the day. What we ‘need’ is simple enough and leaving out a few exceptions, everyone is blessed with those. What we w'ant 'is an altogether different issue.

With this altogether undulating state of mind, I am wondering what it is that I really feel like doing – now, tomorrow, the day after, the day after that and so on. It is really, just another one of those existentialist-state-of-mind thoughts that have a nasty habit of coming around when you least expect them to, I suppose. A lot of people around seem to be fine or stuck in their own issues which seem to warrant all of their attention – fair enough I say! Mine seems to warrant all of mine! I feel a slight change in the surroundings though, from what I remember it as. Inevitable, do I hear you say? Of course it is! Can it be otherwise? What I do think is that most of this ‘evolution’ might not really be so positive. Well, it is going to be a while to bring things back in shape.

I’ve been trying to read after I get out of office but somehow, the environment is not very conducive for that. It’s definitely better than what it was just a few days back but still lacks something. That something might be the ‘need’ to shut out the rest of the world so that one can look ‘within’. There goes the cell phone’s tone egging me on to pick it up and give it all my attention. Sometimes, it seems more of a vice having that thing around. True to the name of my blog, this piece is another product of my non periodically oscillating thought process. As inconsequential probably, as anything else that one might encounter while traversing the labyrinth of this life.

Cheers to that!

21/03/2010

Comments

Shilpa said…
It s necessary to go into the state of nothingness once in a while..It s a gud feel when things start looking up after all the confusion fades away...I can so relate to u at this phase of mine...:D