Cochin

Jan 2nd, 2006


cochin...


Handing back the tray to the air hostess, my mind was still savouring the taste of the payasam. I folded the tray and slid open the window flap of the A320, only to be taken aback! What I was looking at was one of the most beautiful sights that I had ever seen. As far as the eye could see, from more than 15,000 feet in the sky, lay lush green vegetation. From up here it seemed like someone had spread a green carpet with patches of dark and light greens spread all over. Our flight passed and circled the runway as we waited for clearance to land while another flight touched down. Even though it was an absolutely normal thing to see, somehow the lushness of the landscape made it all surreal…and it was only then that I realised Mithun had been right all along. Cochin was more beautiful than I had imagined and I resolved to fulfil my college time dream of making a house here…amidst the beautiful landscape. A place to heal my soul…which was very susceptible. I hated the city life but was stuck in it. This is where I should have been, I thought to myself. This thought though was followed by the realisation that if I had been here I might have taken it for granted just like we humans generally tend to do.

Unfortunately, I do not have any photographs of this marvellous sight…though there are a few of Ernakulam where I stayed for the 31st night…someday I’ll fulfil my dream…

Comments